Now that you are thinking about cabinets, which sort of locks will work? There is a wide range from mechanical to push to digital locks. All have their place depending on what you are securing and which sort of access control you require.
Kinds of Cabinet Locks:
- Single or double bitted
- Tubular uses around key-can be updated to a patented 7-sided key
- SFIC small formatted removable center provides security with rapid rekeying capacity
- Mechanical high security provides key control in a top security bundle
- Push button can be mechanical or digital with increased safety as you step up to the digital version
- Digital provides high security with accessibility control-you control who has access into the cupboard and what times they have access
These are the main types of cabinet locks. There are numerous variations of each with the cost increasing as you go from mechanical to digital.
Choosing the Ideal type of lock depends on what you are procuring, you wouldn’t need to lock drugs with a very simple utility lock. The same is true with digital locks it would be overkill to lock hand tools with digital locks. Let us look at another Type of cabinet that is used to lock user keys. These electronic cabinets offer security to safeguard keys for all sorts of applications and all sorts of products and items. The cabinet itself is generally locked with digital locks with biometric entry. To open the door, you need to set in your access code, and then scan your finger print or even your own eye. Once inside, the electronics will monitor what key you eliminate and for how long you have got it. If you are procuring many cabinets, state in a cabinet locks setting, then it is advisable to use a lock service center that could provide consulting services in addition to helping with the lock selection and setup. If you are simply locking up a couple of cabinets then you ought to have the ability to buy the locks and install them yourself.